When you launch the Minecraft game, some players may come up with Minecraft error code 5. The error is widespread to many of the Minecraft users through the update. The Minecraft had a quick update to resolve the issue but as the update rolled out. So, the problem still persists in many of the computers. This error makes you not to play the game as you encounter this problem Minecraft error code 5. But, don’t worry and follow the below-given solutions to fix the error.
What is Minecraft?
Minecraft is an open-ended game where players will decide what they want to do. This comes with different textures, skins, and world designed community are coming to the store on mobiles, console, and Windows 10 to explore the incredible world.
Reading: curse client minecraft error code 5
The compatible devices of Minecraft are
- Windows 10
- Xbox One
- Xbox 360
- PlayStation 4
- PlayStation 3
- Wii U
- New 3DS
- Windows phone
- Kindle fire
- Gear VR
- Apple TV
- Fire TV
What is Minecraft Error Code 5 in Windows?
While launching the game most of the gamers might have noticed the error code 5 message as stated under the game will not launch till when the error message pops up. There are some practical solutions to resolve that you can try to fix the Minecraft error code 5.
Mojang native launcher updater. Problem moving C:Program Files (x86)Minecrafttmpwtbblue.com to wtbblue.com with error code 5.
What are the several modes available in the game?
Creative mode – Here players are limitless resources to build whatever they can imagine.
Survival mode – In this, the player must explore the world and mine its resources to feed, house, and defend themselves.
Group – you can join your friends and make up your own rules.
How to Fix Minecraft Error Code 5 in Windows?
Follow these easy to execute steps to fix the error:
Run Minecraft as Administrator
In most of the cases running Minecraft launcher as administrator will resolve Minecraft launcher error code 5. Follow the below instructions to run Minecraft as an administrator.
- Locate the Minecraft launcher on your computer. Now, right-click on the Computer icon and select Properties from the dropdown list.
- On the new pop – up window, go to the compatibility tab.
- Uptick the box parallel to run this program as an administrator.
- After completion of the process, click on the apply and ok button.
- Now, close all the windows and relaunch Minecraft to check whether the issue is resolved or not. If the issue still persists move to the next solution.
Update Minecraft Launcher
You have to download the latest version of Minecraft from the browser and replace the existing .exe file to update.
- Go to the Minecraft folder in c:Program Files (X86) or Program Files Minecraft. Check for the file wtbblue.com file and open it.
- Click on the hyperlink in native log includes wtbblue.com with a ctrl+c hotkey. It automatically opens your default web browser with the Minecraft website.
- Check for the download link of the website link and click to download it.
- Go to the downloaded file location and rename the file as Minecraft launcher. Now, copy the renamed Minecraft Exe file and paste it in c: program files (x86) Minecraft folder and replace the existing Minecraft launcher file.
- Finally, restart your computer and launch Minecraft. In most instances, this solution will fix Minecraft error code 5.
Copy tmpLauncher File to Minecraft Folder
The copying of the file tmpLauncher to the Minecraft folder may fix the issue Minecraft launcher error code 5.
Follow the below steps to copy the tmpLauncher file to the Minecraft folder.
- Go to the computer icon on your desktop or from the Windows logo button on the desktop screen.
- Next open c: Program Files (x86) Minecraft tmp, copy-paste the file location without spaces as shown in the figure. Or else can open one after another folder in a sequence from the above file location.
- After opening the required folder, right-click on the file wtbblue.com and select copy from the drop-down list.
- Now, open the folder c: Programs Files (X86) Minecraft, Folder.
- Right-click on wtbblue.com and select delete from the drop-down menu. Click on the yes button on the pop-up window to confirm the operation.
- Later, right-click on the empty space in the same folder and paste the previously copied file.
- Now, right-click on the pasted file and from the drop-down menu select rename option. Delete the previous name tmpLauncher and rename the file as wtbblue.com.
- Finally, close all the windows and relaunch Minecraft. Most of the time, this helps to fix the Minecraft error code 5 issue.
Download New Launcher
- Open the text file wtbblue.com and copy the line which lasts with “minecraft.exe”. And then Open your browser, paste the copied line in the address bar, and press Enter.
- Now, the download of the launcher will start.
- Once it is downloaded, try this launcher to open Minecraft and check for the error code.
Note: Replace the existing launcher by copying the new launcher to the main directory where Minecraft is installed. When asked, press Yes to confirm the replacement.
Update Java Version
Minecraft is one of the programs that require Java to run it. You have to update your system java version to fix the error.
- Initially press the Windows logo key +R button from the keyboard.
- The run window opens, type wtbblue.com if you are using Windows operating systems. Or you can also choose path control panel > programs > uninstall program options.
- You can search for Java from the list or can search from the search box on the window. After finding the java file click on it and select the uninstall button to remove it.
- Next, download the latest version of java from the internet according to your system bit size as 32-bit or 64-bit.
- To check your computer bit size, go to Google chrome > menu > help > about Google Chrome.
- It will show the bit information.
- Else you can try right-clicking on the computer > from the dropdown list select properties. On the window, you can see your system properties and bit configuration.
- After knowing your system bit configuration, download the latest version of java update according to your computer bit configuration.
- Finally, install the latest version of the java update in your system. Restart your computer and launch Minecraft, hope the issue is fixed.
Hopefully, the above solutions help you to fix Minecraft error code 5. Let us know in the comment section which method worked for you? Wanna some more DeviceTricks? Stay tuned to this space to get the latest updates related to errors on Windows, macOS, Android, and Games.
If you feel this article helpful please like, share, and follow our Facebook page.
View more: what do eggs do in minecraft