Looking for a Google Chrome setup file download for Windows 10?. This page has useful information about downloading, installing, and configuring Google Chrome on Windows operating systems.
To download Google Chrome for Windows 10, go to wtbblue.com/chrome
Reading: download google chrome windows 10 bg
Google Chrome is the world’s most favorite browser. Google has an open-source project called Chromium and Chrome is Chromium + Google’s exclusive features like sync, autofill and more.
Download Chrome for Windows 10
The newest version of Microsoft Windows is here. Windows 10 launches on July 29th, 2015, and Google Chrome for Windows 10 is already available. Why? The same Windows installer that we use for Windows 8 and Windows 7 works for the latest version for Windows too.
Note: Google Chrome is no longer officially supported on Windows XP. It is recommended that you upgrade to a newer version of Microsoft Windows to continue using Chrome and get all the new features and security updates.
Windows 10 is a huge update for Microsoft (and that’s why they skipped the number 9, to make the point). This is their effort to make Windows a platform in this multi-screen world and prepare it for the Internet of things era. There is even a new default web browser named Edge (more on that later).
I downloaded and installed Windows 10 when it came out as a Tech Preview and started using Google Chrome on it right away. I completed the installation without any issues or errors. There are no surprises yet, apart from minor tweaks that come with Windows 10.
It will be interesting to watch the improvements that Google will bring to Chrome to make use of any new feature that Windows 10 offers to applications. Will they do something with the live tiles?
Now that your Google Chrome web browser download is done, let us take a look at some of the things you can do with your new favorite browser.
Install Chrome for Windows 10
Here are the steps to install Google Chrome on your Windows 10 computer.
Click Accept and Install
On the popup, click Accept and Install.
Google Chrome installer will now be downloaded. Click Save to download and save the installer file.
After the download is complete, double click the installer. Click “Run”
If a prompt appears asking for permission to install, click Yes. Google Chrome will now complete the remaining download and install it.
Make Chrome Default Browser
You find our guide to making Chrome your default browser here. That guide provided you multiple options to make Chrome your default browser. Here is one example from there:
- Go to settings in Chrome, (click settings icon or open chrome://settings)
- Search for “Default Browser”
- Click “Make Chrome my default browser”
- And you are done!
Google Chrome Slow on Windows 10
Here are some troubleshooting steps that you can try when Chrome starts working slow and loading pages slowly. I have collected a bunch of fixes here. Try them out, I am sure one of these will work for you.
This guide is organized into operating system specific steps for Windows, Linux, OS X, and Chrome OS. Try steps listed in the “All operating systems” section first before trying OS-specific steps.
All Operating Systems
- Try the incognito window ( CTRL + SHIFT + N ). This launches Chrome without any extensions if you haven’t enabled them on incognito mode). If Google Chrome is working better in this mode, the culprit is extensions. Try disabling them one by one and find out which one is the troublemaker.
- Go to Chrome Settings > Advanced Settings > Privacy and uncheck “Predict network actions to improve page load performance“. This seems to be helping in some cases. Give it a try.
- Try clearing browser data, history, cache, etc from settings.
- Search for “Reset browser”. This will reset the Chrome profile to default settings.
- From chrome://flags, try resetting all flags to default.
- Open up the task manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc). Click the processes tab and look for something that looks like Browser Manager. If you have it, try googling for directions on how to remove it. Restart your computer after the uninstall. This should fix the issue for you.
- In a similar way, look for a program called BrowserProtect. Remove it, restart your computer and try again.
Windows 8 and Windows 8.1
- If you are using Chrome on Metro Mode, try relaunching it in desktop mode (Setting > Relaunch Chrome in Desktop Mode)
- Window 8.1: Right-click on Chrome and choose properties. Next click on the tab that says compatibility. Check the checkbox that says Run this program in compatibility mode and choose Windows 8.
Google Chrome Slow to Start
View more: minecraft how to make bronze
If Google Chrome is slow on startup, here is something that you can try:
- Try disabling all the extensions, see if Chrome loads faster
- If you are opening Chrome with many tabs on the launch, reduce them
- Try (temporarily) disabling your antivirus software and if it is showing any improvement.
- Check your list of software installed on the PC. If you find any suspicious software, (Babylon, etc) uninstall and restart your computer.
Delete “User Data”
This is a bit tricky, but user jim38 on Google Help Forum has a solution that might help you. Be sure to take a backup of your bookmarks as explained here.
1. Choose Bookmarks/Bookmark Manager/Organize. 2. Export your bookmarks to an HTML file — somewhere you can find it. 3. Close Chrome. 4. Go to C:Documents and Settings\Local SettingsApplication DataGoogleChromeUser Data (fill in your computer username) 5. Right-click on the User Data folder and rename it. I just add an X to the end of the name. 6. Restart Chrome, go to Bookmark Manager and import the bookmarks.
Questions Related to Windows 10 Chrome?
This article is my attempt to answer all the queries related to Google Chromecast on Windows 10 and also provide detailed instructions for you to download, install and set up Chrome on your Windows 10 computer.
If you have any questions that I have not covered here, please drop me a comment and I will be happy to help you find the answer.
Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge?
Microsoft has upped its browser game with an all-new browser, Edge. The browser leaves the Internet Explorer legacy and builds a new and modern browser from the ground up. Initial responses to the Edge browser has been positive. Hence, we can safely assume that tough competition awaits for Google on the Windows platform.
People will definitely check out Edge when it is available on Windows 10. There are plenty of Internet Explorer lovers still around, and Edge will be a blessing for them.
For Chrome fans like you and me, we will still use Edge or IE to download Chrome on our new Windows 10 computers. We will have to wait and see how the rest of the world responds to this new competition.
Click these download links for 64 and 32 Bit versions of Google Chrome for Windows 10.
Note: These are official download links directly from Google. You can find additional download links here. Remember to download Google Chrome only from Google’s website.
Google Chrome 64 bit version is now available for all Windows users. This is a separate installer, so a separate download different from the regular installer file. An offline installer is also available for Windows users who want to download and install Google Chrome.
64-Bit Chrome for Windows 10
You can download it from here. Click Download Chrome for another platform and choose Windows 10/8/7 64-bit. This should download the 64-bit installer. Note that it is the same installer for all supported Windows versions.
You can also download the 64-bit version of Chrome Canary for Windows from here.
Chrome Does Not Recognize Touch in Windows 10
Touch screen issues with Chrome and Windows 10? try this:
- Go to chrome://flags
- Look for the flag Enable Touch Events
- Enable Touch Events
- Restart Chrome.
Google Chrome for Windows 8 and Windows 8.1
Google Chrome is fully supported on Windows 8 and Windows 81. You will download the same version of Google Chrome that you use for Windows 10, and the installation steps are the same as well.
Google Chrome is one of the first apps that any new Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 user might want to install on their computer. This is a resourceful article on how to get Chrome on Windows 8, install, set up, and customize it. I have included most frequently asked “How to” questions and their answers as well.
Download Google Chrome for Windows 8 from here. The Windows version of 64-Bit Chrome can be downloaded from the same page. Click Download Chrome for another platform and choose Windows 10/8.1/8/7 64-bit.
View more: where to find clay in minecraft
You can use the same Windows installer that you will use on Windows 7 to install Chrome on Windows 8 or 8.1 In fact, you can use the same installer for Windows 8 64 bit. Download it from wtbblue.com/chrome Now, is it a free download? Yes. Google Chrome for Windows is a free download. You do not need to pay anything to download the app for your PC.
Install Google Chrome Windows 8 App
The Google Chrome app for Windows 8 can be downloaded from wtbblue.com/chrome. It is the same installer that you would use on any other Windows computer. Installation is easy and straightforward. However, I have written a detailed “how-to” on this. Read it here: Download and Install Chrome App for Windows 8.1.
The article also explains how to fix the Installation & “Smart Screen Cannot Be Reached Now” error
How to minimize Google Chrome in Windows 10?
Click the Settings icon on the top right corner to go to settings. And from there, click Relaunch in Desktop Mode. Google Chrome will now restart into the normal mode. This is your regular Google Chrome (non-metro mode). Alt+F is your keyboard shortcut. I hope you got that fixed!
How do I get Chrome on Windows 10 to Show in a Resizeable Window?
Same answer as above. Alt+F is your keyboard shortcut. Alternatively, choose Relaunch in Desktop Mode from the Settings menu (the bacon icon!).
How do I Exit Chrome Full-Screen Mode on Windows 10
Duh! The same answer again. You need to exit out of the Metro Mode. Press Alt + F.
Pinch to Zoom
Pinch to Zoom is one of the most asked-for features of Google Chrome for Windows 8. This feature has been added to Google Chrome now. Enable the Enable Pinch flag to test this.
- Open chrome://flags/#enable-pinch on Google Chrome.
- From the dropdown list, select Enable
- Restart Google Chrome
- Try pinch to zoom now.
Chrome OS Experience on Windows 10
The Metro Mode Chrome app on Windows 8 behaves just like Chrome OS. It gives an immersive experience within the Chrome UI.
To enable this, all you have to do is launch Chrome in Metro Mode (Alt + F). Here is what you get:
- Multiple windows, including incognito
- Re-size windows and move them around just like Chrome OS
- Apps menu
- Apps shelf (or the taskbar)
- Settings menu on bottom-right-corner (where I get a Chrome OS like “restart to update” message), and a power-down (!!) icon.
- A nice feeling, because I love Chrome OS.
Uninstall Chrome from Windows Windows 10
You can easily get to the Uninstall a Program window easily by pressing the Windows key and typing Uninstall in the search box. Once you reach this screen, look for Google Chrome and click Uninstall against it.
Google Chrome on Windows 10 – Download
When you start downloading, Google first gives you a small file, which starts downloading the complete installer. A sort of download manager. Once the download is complete, you can double-click the file to start your installation.
Windows 10 Anniversary Update
The Windows 10 anniversary update is expected to be released in August 2016. This will be a set of bug fixes, changes to certain things that currently exist and a bunch of new things for Windows 10.
Currently, there are no changes reported that will affect Google Chrome on Windows 10.
Unable To Download Google Chrome On Windows
Are you getting error messages while downloading Google Chrome? For example “Installation failed due to unspecified error”? Here are some troubleshooting steps to try.
Google Chrome usually downloads a small file to your computer which then connects to the server and downloads the complete file. When you face issues with this regular way of downloading Chrome, the first thing to try is the full offline installer.
This offline installer downloads involves only one file and should resolve most of the issues associated with downloading and installing Google Chrome.
View more: what can you make with feathers in minecraft