What is Minecraft 1.17 Snapshot 21w15a?
Download Minecraft 1.17 Snapshot 21w15a Caves and Cliffs is Now Two Updates, It’s takes steps towards shaping 1.17 for a two part release with some generation features being turned off. This snapshot adds block of raw gold, block of raw iron and block of raw copper and the main menu screen has been updated to show an amethyst crystal. Goats now ram mobs and armor stands.
The blocks in the building blocks tab in the creative inventory have been reordered. The marker entity was added along with the /debug function.
- Goats will ram anything that moves… and also armor stands.
- A crinkly, crunchy sound now plays when Bone Meal is used.
- Reordered some blocks in the Building Blocks Tab in Creative Menu.
- Goats will avoid walking on Powder Snow.
- Creepers know won’t dare mess with Goats.
- The main menu background has been updated.
- Tweaked the textures of raw ore items.
- Just like other ore materials, you can craft a compact version with raw ore items in order to save inventory space.
- All ores have been reordered to be in the same location in the creative inventory.
- Compact forms of raw and refined underground materials have been reordered.
- Added the Marker entity.
- Added /debug function.
- selector and nbt chat components can now configure separators between elements.
- Servers can now customize a message to display when prompting players about custom resource packs.
Caves & Cliffs World Generation:
The riskier and technically more complex world generation changes for the Caves & Cliffs update will be shipped in a later update and have been switched off in this snapshot. This means:
- World height has been switched back to the 1.16 levels.
- Noise caves and aquifers have been switched off.
- Cave and ravine carvers have been returned to their old settings.
- Crack carvers have been switched off.
- Ore distribution has been returned to the 1.16 setup.
- Copper now generates between the bottom of the world and height 192, being most common around height 96.
- Tuff now generates in blobs between heights 0 and 16.
- Worlds created in snapshot 21w05b or any earlier version can now once again be opened.
- Worlds created in any version between snapshot 21w06a and 21w14a can no longer be opened.
The Caves & Cliffs Prototype Data Pack:
You can still try out the world generation for the later update using a datapack which activates the changes as an experimental custom world:
- Download the data pack.
- Launch the game, go to the “Create New World” screen, and click the “Data Packs” button.
- Drag the downloaded zip file onto the Minecraft window.
- The game will ask you if you want to add the data pack – click “Yes”.
- Click the play arrow on the data pack that just appeared in the list – this will move it to the list on the right-hand side of the screen.
- Click the “Done” button and continue creating your world as normal.
Keep in mind that the world you create with the data pack will be flagged as experimental by the game, and such worlds are not guaranteed to work in future versions. Also, please note that you can’t add data packs that change the world generation to existing worlds, so you must create a new world to access the experimental features.
How to install:
- To install the snapshot, open up the Minecraft Launcher and enable snapshots in the “Launch Options” tab.
- Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Minecraft 1.17 Snapshot 21w15a Download Links:
Client: Download from Server 1 (.json)
Server: Download from Server 1