So, you started a Minecraft server to play with your friends, but none of your friends can join.
Ugh! I know how frustrating it can be. Everybody wants to build castles, prank their friends, and set their own set of rules on their server.
Reading: friend can't join minecraft server
Why is my Minecraft server not letting my friends join?
It’s frustrating when you cannot play with your friends. Believe me; I have been there.
Well, put on your reading glasses because as your fellow Minecrafter and someone who spent hours in the game to solve this particular problem, I will be giving you the exact solution to this problem.
Please don’t skip any part as I am going to explain the process step by step.
Also, this error is related to io netty abstract connection error in Minecraft. Check out our separate post to fix wtbblue.comractchannel$annotatedconnectexception.
How many Multiplayer Modes are in Minecraft?
There are 4 multiplayer modes in Minecraft. Two or more players can play Minecraft together on a multiplayer server. You can download the server file and create your own server from wtbblue.com or you can enjoy multiplayer mode on someone else’s server.
.This is a beginner’s guide for the people who just started Minecraft, and if you don’t fall in this category, you can skip to the next part.
So, you just started Minecraft, and you want to explore the world of Minecraft rather than playing a single player.
Unable to Login to your Microsoft Account in Minecraft? Go through our separate post to fix https // wtbblue.com/remoteconnect issue on any console.
Minecraft offers 4 Multiplayer Modes:
- LAN (Local Area Network)
- Split-Screen. (Limited to Console Only)
- Minecraft Realms.
- Online Servers.
In these four ways, you can play Minecraft with your friends.
In this very article, our primary focus is to solve the connection issue of the Online Servers.
So, Let’s head into troubleshooting. Also there are many rare minecraft biomes in the updated Version. If you have never been in those biomes, consider using the Minecraft biome finder.
How can my friends connect to my Minecraft server
Now you are wondering, hey, I have done everything, and still, my friends cannot join my server in Minecraft. Why is this happening? Check out our separate post to fix Lan not working in Minecraft.
First of all, you need to know Two-three things about this Mode.
- You need to have the same Minecraft version as your friend to join your server or vice-versa.
- You need to send your friends the Public IP Address of your server.
- You need to port forward in your router.
- You need to disable the firewall in your computer and on your router.
So, Here’re the steps to fix friends can’t connect to Minecraft server:
1. Update Minecraft
The Windows Store should automatically update your game. But if your game is not updating on your own then,
- Go to the Microsoft store.
- Click on the three dots sitting on the top right corner, then click on Download and updates.
- After clicking on Downloads and updates, click on get updates.
Then you will get all the software that needs an update, including Minecraft. Tell your friends to do the same. Do recall that the modded version contains more buried treasures in Minecraft.
2. Know your Public IP Address
Go to wtbblue.com while running the Minecraft server in the background. You will get your public IP address.
You need to hand out your Public IP Address to your friends without the public IP address they cannot join your server.
3. Use Appropriate Ports
To play Minecraft with your friends over the online servers, you need to port forward your router.
So, I will give you an essential guide on how to do that as it varies from router to router, but the main procedure is pretty much the same.
Before port forwarding, you need a static IP. So, let us get to make one.
- Go to Command Prompt and type in ipconfig /all, and press Enter.
- Note down IPv4 address, Subnet Mask, and the DNS Servers.
- Go to the control panel, click on View network status and tasks, and then click on Change adapter settings.
- Change adapter settings, right-click on it and hit properties.
- Look for Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4), put a tick on it, and then click on properties underneath it. Put a tick on. Use the following IP address: then put a new address on the IP address. It will be the same as the default gateway. Just change the last credential keep it in between 1 to 254.
- On IPv4 address, Subnet Mask DNS Servers paste the address you have copied down earlier.
- Click OK, and now you have a static IP.
Now that you have a static IP let’s head back to port forwarding,
- Login into your router via browser.
- Go to the port forwarding section, usually in Advance settings.
- Put your IP Address. TCP: 25565, UDP: 19132-19133,25565.
- Reboot the router.
You are done port forwarding your router. You can check if the port is forwarded or not by putting up your IP address and the TCP port on this website wtbblue.com/tools/open-ports.
If you are facing difficulty port forwarding on your preferred router, you can look for your router in wtbblue.com, and there you will have the complete guide on how to do it.
4. Allow App Through Windows Firewall
It would be best if you disabled the windows defender firewall for Minecraft to play with your friends in Minecraft.
Also Whitelist Minecraft servers globally by using the best VPNs for Minecraft.
- Go to windows firewall and look for Allow an app or feature through windows defender firewall click on it. After going there, click on change settings.
- Look for wtbblue.com and tick on public and private.
- Click OK.
You are done disabling the firewall for Minecraft.
How to setup Online Servers in Minecraft
Before going into troubleshooting, you need to know you are doing everything in the correct order to play on online servers. If Minecraft is running too slow in your PC, try to allocate more RAM to Minecraft for a fast and smooth gameplay.
So, I will be describing how to connect with your friends in the proper manner on Online Servers. Here are the steps to setup online Servers in minecraft:
- Download the latest version of Java. Download it from: wtbblue.com/en/download
- Download the server file from the official page of Minecraft. It will be named after wtbblue.com.
- Run the server. It will open up a command prompt.
- Run this java -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar wtbblue.com nogui Command in the command prompt. Then Minecraft will make a wtbblue.com file and open the file, and set: eula=true.
- Run the command java -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar wtbblue.com nogui again.
- Set your own rules in the server, you need to learn the server commands.
Now that you are done setting up the server, you need to know how to connect it with your friends.
First, you need to know the Public Ip address of your pc and the Minecraft server you are on.
So, follow these steps:
- Go to wtbblue.com while running the Minecraft server in the background. You will get your public IP address.
- Open your Minecraft game and click on direct connect.
- Copy and paste the IP address from wtbblue.com and click on join server.
To connect with friends and to invite them over, give them the public IP address from wtbblue.com, and then they can quickly join the server.
We all want to enjoy the game we like with our friends. Minecraft indeed is one of the best games out there to enjoy with friends.
Hopefully, you have found the fix to your problem and now can enjoy the game with your friends.
And if you have any future queries, you can always reach us.