How to make Copper Ore in Minecraft
This Minecraft tutorial explains how to craft copper ore with screenshots and step-by-step instructions.
In Minecraft, copper ore is a new item that was introduced in the Caves & Cliffs Update: Part I. Copper ore is an item that you can not make with a crafting table or furnace. Instead, you need to find and gather this item in the game.
Let's explore how to add copper ore to your inventory.
Copper ore is available in the following versions of Minecraft:
PlatformSupported (Version*) Java Edition (PC/Mac)Yes (1.17) Pocket Edition (PE)Yes (1.17.0) Xbox 360No Xbox OneYes (1.17.0) PS3No PS4Yes (1.17.0) Wii UNo Nintendo SwitchYes (1.17.0) Windows 10 EditionYes (1.17.0) Education EditionNo
* The version that it was added or removed, if applicable. NOTE: Pocket Edition (PE), Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch, and Windows 10 Edition are now called Bedrock Edition. We will continue to show them individually for version history.
Where to find Copper Ore in Creative Mode
How to get Copper Ore in Survival Mode
You can add copper ore to your inventory in Survival mode by mining copper ore. So, let's get started!
1. Find a Block of Copper Ore
First, let's explore where to find copper ore. In Minecraft, copper ore is found in small deposits underground in the Overworld. Copper ore has orange and green specks, and can be usually be found at the same y-coordinates as iron ore (which is a y-coordinate between 1 and 63).
This is what a block of copper ore looks like:
2. Hold a Stone, Diamond, Iron, or Netherite Pickaxe
To mine copper ore, you need to dig up the copper ore with a diamond pickaxe, iron pickaxe, stone pickaxe, or netherite pickaxe.
Other tools will not dig up the copper ore and let you add it to your inventory.
In this example, we are going to use an iron pickaxe to dig up the copper ore.
3. Mine the Block of Copper Ore
The game control to mine the block of copper ore depends on the version of Minecraft:
- For Java Edition (PC/Mac), left click and hold on the block of copper ore.
- For Pocket Edition (PE), you tap and hold on the block of copper ore.
- For Xbox One, press and hold the RT button on the Xbox controller.
- For PS4, press and hold the R2 button on the PS controller.
- For Nintendo Switch, press and hold the ZR button on the controller.
- For Windows 10 Edition, left click and hold on the block of copper ore.
You will need to continue to dig until the block breaks and a smaller block of copper ore finally appears. The block of copper ore will float on the ground.
4. Pick up the Copper Ore
Make sure you pick up the copper ore before it disappears.
Once you pick up the copper ore, it will appear in your hotbar.
Copper ore is a useful item and should be kept in your inventory to be used later.
Item ID and Name
Give Command for Copper Ore
There are other ores in Minecraft such as: