How to Tame a Wolf in Minecraft
This Minecraft tutorial explains how to tame a wolf with screenshots and step-by-step instructions.
In Minecraft, you can tame a wolf by giving it a bone. Let's explore how to tame a wolf.
Required Materials to Tame a Wolf
In Minecraft, these are the materials you can use to tame a wolf:
Steps to Tame a Wolf
1. Find a Wolf
Once you have the required materials, you will need to find a wolf to tame.
If you are having trouble finding a wolf, you can always summon a wolf using a cheat or you can use a spawn egg.
2. Use the Bone
You can tame a wolf by giving it a bone. To do this, place your bone in the hotbar and make sure that it is the selected item in your hotbar.
Now you need to use the bone. The game control to use the bone depends on the version of Minecraft:
- For Java Edition (PC/Mac), right click and hold.
- For Pocket Edition (PE), you tap and hold.
- For PS3 and PS4, press and hold the L2 button on the PS controller.
- For Xbox 360 and Xbox One, press and hold the LT button on the Xbox controller.
- For Windows 10 Edition, right click and hold.
- For Wii U, press and hold the ZL button on the gamepad.
- For Nintendo Switch, press and hold the ZL button on the controller.
- For Education Edition, right click and hold.
As you use the bone, you should see red hearts appear all around the wolf. This means that the wolf is being tamed.
Once the taming process is complete, the hearts will disappear and the wolf will behave like a dog.
Congratulations, you have just tamed a wolf in Minecraft!