This is the World Downloader mod, originally by nairol. I took over development in March 2012, updating it, fixing bugs and adding some new features through version 1.7.2. I just have not had time to work on it since then.
Only because of the hard work from the Minecraft Forum community, this great tool continues! Please give your thanks to soccerguy3, UltiNaruto, julialy, Net32, El_garoo, Pokechu22, and of course Nairol for keeping it alive.
Reading: minecraft server world downloader
New thread is here:
WorldDownloader: A tool to create backups of your multiplayer builds
Related: how to find melon seeds in minecraft
Cubic will no longer be monitoring this wtbblue.comything below this point is for legacy versions. You will find download links to older versions of WDL. I cannot guarantee they will remain active forever. -cubic
– Older releases:
Videos: A most excellent mod spotlight video from iPodmail, thank you! And, thank you SCMowns for this great review: An in-depth preview video of the beta version multi-world feature by Seto: Installation (NOT Forge compatible): Important for 1.8+ These directions are for the 1.6.x – 1.7.2 versions. The current 1.8 version requires Liteloader. Please read the latest forum messages for the correct procedure.
Important usage notes:
- You need to open chests while downloading or their contents cannot be saved.
- The mod can only save chunks which are sent by the server as you move around. If you see the chunk while downloading, then it is saved! If you do not move around, it will likely only save 10 chunks (160 blocks) in each direction.
- The seed is not saved automatically. You must be op to request the seed with the /seed command. World Downloader will pull the seed automatically from the server response.
- When you click “stop download”, wait until the world is saved to disconnect. You will be notified in chat.
- Some entities such as Fireworks will freeze the client if used while downloading. Known bug.
Full Usage Details:
NOTE: Download help for Mac users:
Bug Reporting: If you find any bugs that crash Minecraft PLEASE also add the text from the error report screen. Without that I probably will not be able to help you. Problems can be posted in this forum or on the World Downloader issue tracker at Github. Source code for World Downloader at Github