In this guide, we discuss Minecraft Login failed error, the probable causes, and possible workarounds to fix the same on Windows 10 PC. This bug arises primarily when you try to connect with the Minecraft server. This is quite an annoying and difficult issue for common Windows users. Let’s explore the simple ways to analyze and fix this anomaly.
The wrong connectivity from the server, Windows Firewall turned on, and faulty device driver, etc. are some prime culprits behind the login failed error of Minecraft. Unnecessary stored cache files in the host file may also generate this trouble. Restarting the Minecraft launcher, Update the display adapter, reset entries of the host file will work as the diagnosis tool.
Reading: windows 10 minecraft login error
Recommended: How to fix Minecraft black screen issue on Windows 10
Ways to fix Minecraft Login failed error in Windows 10
Here are step-wise workarounds to solve Minecraft Login failed error on Windows 10 PC.
Restart the Minecraft launcher
First and foremost, you must try to log out of your account then sign back in. This is a nice way to refresh the profile authentication and thus may resolve the login failed issue of Minecraft. The proceeding principle is pretty simple, all you need to do is to close the launcher, reboot your PC then just enter your User-ID and Password to re-login.
Disable Windows Firewall
In general, the Enabled Windows Firewall may block some of the services of Windows 10 PC. As a result, you receive this “failed to login into the Minecraft” bug. To avoid this problem, you need to Disable Windows Firewall henceforth try connecting to the Minecraft server again. Here’s how to proceed-
- Click on the Search icon and type Control Panel in the text box.
- When this desktop app opens, select System and Security thereafter Windows Defender Firewall from the succeeding page.
- Again, click Turn Windows Firewall on or off option on the left column.
- Thereupon, mark the checkbox against Turn off Windows Defender Firewall (not recommended) in both private as well as public network settings section.
- Next, press OK to confirm the changes.
- Once the above task is over, do Restart your PC.
Update graphics card drivers
The corrupt graphics card may also arise this Minecraft Login failed error on your system. This is because the old video card driver prevents Minecraft connectivity. To remove this conflict, you need to update the graphics driver (Intel HD graphics). Follow these guidelines to perform this task-
- Make a right-click on the Start icon and select Device Manager from Power Menu.
- From the list, locate and expand the Display Adapters section.
- Subsequently, right-click on Intel(R) UHD graphics and choose the “Update driver” option.
- Moving ahead, choose the option – “Search Automatically for updated driver software“.
- In case, you get the latest version of the setup file, download and install the same.
- Once the above task completes, Reboot your PC and attempt to connect with Minecraft.
Reset all entries of the Host file
View more: Shaders Mod | WTBBLUE
Sometimes, unnecessary cache stored in System’s host file may also cause this Minecraft Login failed error on the system. To manage this anomaly, you need to remove all the entries by following these steps-
- Press Win and S.
- On the Search window, type “Notepad”, and press Enter.
- Copy/paste the following in the newly created text file –
# Copyright (c) 1993-2006 Microsoft Corp. # # This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows. # # This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each # entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should # be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name. # The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one # space. # # Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual # lines or following the machine name denoted by a ‘#' symbol. # # For example: # # 220.127.116.11 wtbblue.com # source server # 18.104.22.168 wtbblue.com # x client host # localhost name resolution is handle within DNS itself. # 127.0.0.1 localhost # ::1 localhost
- Succeeding after, go to the File menu and select the “Save as” option.
- Under the File Name section, type host and hit the Save button to confirm the changes.
- Go ahead to the Search again there forth copy and paste the following address-
- Once found, right-click on the wtbblue.com file (if available) and choose Delete on the context menu.
Update the java program
Since Minecraft is a Java-based application, an outdated version may generate such trouble while launching the game. Updating this application might improve the working performance and thus fix the Minecraft login failed error.
You can use this link to download the Minecraft game.